FFWD F4R-C Carbon Clincher Wheelset
• Clearance Product - This wheel is on clearance sale, and is still available at this time. We will confirm availability and delivery timing once you place your order.
• We price match! Read our price match policy here
• Free shipping on all orders over $100.
• Ships from within Canada.
• No customs duties - as much as $114.40 CAD for this product. No import taxes, brokerage admin fees or other surprises.
The most all-round wheel set for the tourist or competitive racer looking for clincher wheels. With 45mm deep carbon rims the F4R-C is easy to handle and therefore also perfectly suited for riding uphill. The joint of the aluminium brake surface is welded for better brake performance and the rim has wear indicators to advise when the rim needs to be replaced.
The F4R-C features a 45mm deep rim with proprietary DARC ‘Double Arc’ aerodynamic profile and aluminum brake track. The F4R offers an ideal and versatile combination of aerodynamics and handling in all conditions.
Fast Forward’s rim technologies and unique artisan wheel building techniques are market-leading and WorldTour tested. FFWD Wheels are hand built in The Netherlands and have been ridden to victories in the Spring Classics, each Grand Tour and numerous World Championships.
FFWD hub by DT Swiss: FFWD Wheels is constantly looking for improvements to offer better quality by searching for or developing the best possible parts. FFWD Wheels cooperated with DT Swiss to start the development of a completely new FFWD hub based on the experience and known reputation of the Swiss hubs. The high precision build guarantee smooth running bearings protected by press fit end caps which enable to apply service without any tools. This project resulted in the new FFWD hub by DT Swiss, a strong and durable hub with Swiss precision to offer an even better price/quality ratio to FFWD wheel sets. Although the level of quality improved, FFWD wheels with these hubs will stay at its current price level. Besides the new FFWD hub it will remain possible to opt for a DT240s or DT180 hubs in most FFWD models.
DARC Technology: DARC stands for `Double Arc’, which refers to the shape and design of the FFWD carbon rim. The revolutionary DARC profile dramatically improves aerodynamics by reducing drag around the wheel in both frontal and cross wind conditions. By nature, air tends to stick to the surfaces it flows over which causes drag. Our Double Arc rim profile is designed to achieve optimal aerodynamics by creating a negative pressure section that, in turn, compresses the airflow over positive section. This will increase the pressure and results in a faster airflow and less resistance on the wheel which reduces the drag.
CBT: Confidence Brake Technology was achieved by experimentation of different compounds on the braking track to optimise braking performance. Based on 1.5k carbon structure in combination with high TG custom compound resin, Fast Forward increased braking power by 30% in all conditions, is more durable and it doesn’t make noise while braking.
Carbon TC-35: Fast Forward use High-Tensile TC-35 carbon for the majority of the lay-up. This gives the rim a very high strength with sufficient stiffness to cope with hard application of the wheels. So, rather than use a stiffer, but more brittle carbon type, they chose durability over ultimate stiffness. In some lay-ups, they add some higher modulus sheets to increase stiffness locally. FFWD use multiple layers of different types of carbon. Only the outer layer is made from a 3K weave. Underneath this layer are layers of Uni-Directional fibre sheets. A mixture of different angles to resemble a uniform material. Because carbon fibre can handle tension very well, they must mix up the layers to make the rim stiff and strong enough, which is achieved perfectly throughout their range of wheels.
- Superstiff High Tensile TC35 Carbon
- Rim height: 45mm
- Rim width (external): 22.4 mm
- Weight: 1695 gram
- Spoke Count: 20 front, 24 rear
- Max tire pressure: 9 bar
- Available in Red or White logo designs
- Welded alloy brake surface
- Wear indicators in alloy brake surface
- FFWD decals under clear coat
- FFWD hub by DT Swiss. The DT240s also available on request by special order.
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes
- DT Pro Lock Brass nipples
- Individual front or rear wheel available for sale by request.
- Hand Built in Holland
- Not just some wheels! All FFWD wheels come with exclusive wheel bags, QR skewer set, valve extensions, brake pads or rim tape.
- 2 years warranty - FFWD warrants its products to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years.
We Also Recommend
FFWD Disc-T Rear Wheel
FFWD F6R-C Wheelset
FFWD F6C Control Tubular Wheelset