Campagnolo Khamsin Asymmetric G3 Wheelset
• We price match! Read our price match policy here
• Free shipping on all orders over $100.
• Ships from within Canada.
• No customs duties - as much as $32.80 CAD for this product. No import taxes, brokerage admin fees or other surprises.
The redesigned Khamsin™ Asymmetric represents the entry level for Campagnolo® wheels, ideal for training or sportive events, only because of its fantastic pricing.
With advanced characteristics such as Mega-G3™ spoke lacing patterns, oversized flange and Spoke Dynamic Balance™ technology it is clear that this wheel is a step above its competition.
Campy Tech Lab™ engineers have pushed the quality of this wheel even further incorporating an asymmetric rear rim that, when coupled with Mega-G3™ lacing provides increased performance in terms of lateral and torsional rigidity as well as reactivity.
Campagnolo has developed an assembly architecture which, compared with a traditional wheel, makes it possible to improve energy transfer, reduce the stress on the spokes on the right and increase transverse rigidity. This is achieved because in G3 geometry the right-hand side of the rear wheel is fitted with twice as many spokes as the left.
The results of G3 system are truly extraordinary: better transfer of the driving torque, better lateral rigidity, reduction of the stress in the rear wheel spokes. And thanks to the G3 system that compensates for the forces acting on the 2 sides of the wheel, there are no more wheel vibrations, even for heavier people.
G3 becomes Mega-G3 thanks to the oversize flange. This solution allows the increase of the torsional stiffness values even more, to the benefit of the overall responsiveness of the wheel.
Mega G3 Spoke Pattern
Perfect balance of the spoke tensions on both sides of the wheel. Reduces stress, increases transversal rigidity and the transmission of power to the wheel. G3 eliminates vibrations even with "heavy" cyclists.
The concept is simple and elegant: balance the weight of the gasket, with an item of similar weight placed on the exact opposite side. For top models, this is obtained by a special operation on the section of the rim opposite the rim joint. For entry-level models, Dynamic Balance is obtained by using two oversized spokes in the section opposite the joint. The result is a wheel with perfectly balanced rotational dynamics.
- It is one of the preferred entry-level aluminium wheels among racing bicycle brands
- Performance that's within everyone's reach - designed to last and for use in tough training sessions
- Differentiated rim heights which means 24mm at the front which provides optimal handling and 27.5mm at the rear for transmitting more power to the roadAsymmetric rim profile allows for better balancing of spoke tensions between drive and non-drive side, giving better symmetry to an asymmetric component
- Dynamic balance gives maximum stability of the wheel even at high speeds
- The oversize flange increases torsional stiffness
- The sealed bearings and straight head spokes guarantee performance over time
- Spoke count: 18 Front, 24/G3 Rear
- RDB – Rim Dynamic Balance
- Stainless steel spokes
- Straight head spokes on the left side
- Campagnolo FH Body 9/10/11
- FH Body HG 9/10/11
- Aluminium hub
- Sealed bearings
- Hub edge: 100mm (front), 130mm (rear)
- Axle material: Steel
- Oversize flange
- Profile height: 24 mm (front), 27.5 mm (rear)
- RIM WIDTH: 20.5mm
- Rim material: Aluminium
- Asymmetrical rim profile
- 1 label colour: Bright Label
- Wheel for clincher tyre
The Khamsin™ Asymmetric wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo® wheels.
- User manual
- Quick Release skewer
- 1790 g wheelset, Campy
- 1829g wheelset, Shimano
- Front 815g
- Rear - Campy 975g
- Rear - HG/Shimano 1014g
We Also Recommend
Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 Wheelset
Campagnolo Zonda DB Wheelset
Campagnolo Bora One 35 DB Wheelset
Campagnolo Bora One 50 DB Tubular Wheelset