Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 Rear Wheel
• We price match! Read our price match policy here
• Free shipping on all orders over $100.
• Ships from within Canada.
• No customs duties - as much as $161.60 CAD for this product. No import taxes, brokerage admin fees or other surprises.
Innovating the wheel that for years has been a market benchmark might have seemed difficult and risky, but the Campy Tech Lab™ designers have managed to maintain those characteristics of flexibility and ease of handling that have made this high-profile wheel easy to steer, high performing and safe.
The new Bora™ Ultra™ 50 bursts onto the market not only with introduction of the new tire bed dedicated to the clincher, but also with improvements to the previous version in terms of lightness, aerodynamics, stiffness and comfort thanks to use of the new wider rim and front and rear hubs with different diameters.
One of the biggest changes and improvements to the Bora Ultra 50 Wheelset is the increased rim width, moving from 20.5 to 24.2 mm. This allows the wheelset to improve its aerodynamic properties and house wider tires, thus increasing the control and creating a more comfortable ride. The wider rim also contributes to an increase in structural strength, thus increasing the already lauded resistance and reliability of the Bora family. The benefits continue, as the wider rim creates a stronger structure with less need for material intended for structural reinforcement decreasing the overall weight of the wheel.
The 2018 range also sees the addition of the new AC3™ (All Conditions Carbon Control) Technology braking track, which brings braking safety on wet terrain closer to that on dry. Campagnolo engineering staff have developed a new construction that provides a braking performance superior to other carbon rims. The AC3 technology not only improves braking in the dry but boosts performance by 43% over past Campagnolo models and nearly 55% over that of its closest rivals when the roads get wet. Apart from the obvious textured braking surface the construction of the new Bora wheels also underwent internal improvement to ensure maximum integrity when faced with the increased force and heat deriving from the new braking surface.
Plus extremely clean-cut aesthetics guaranteed by innovative water-transfer graphics. All without giving up on the extreme smoothness, which has become the market benchmark and is the result of use of CULT™ bearings.
Unequalled performance and reliability
- The 50 mm Full Carbon rim guarantees the best quality available on the market
- Long-lasting smoothness is ensured by CULT bearings, nine times better performing than a standard solution.
- The Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 Wheelset features CULT Ceramic bearings, which provide extreme smoothness, the lowest friction coefficient thanks to oil lubrication and are 9 times more efficient than standard bearings and will spin for up to 47 minutes after being run at 500rpms.
The carbon wheel with the best braking performance
- Internationally one-of-a-kind AC3 technology guarantees unique performance by the Bora Ultra 50 also when braking
- Excellent grip between brake pad and rim allows for gradual, constant braking and shorter stopping distances, even in wet conditions
- Its dedicated brake pads (red compound) guarantee reliability and durability
The best carbon wheel ever
- All the Campagnolo know-how now also available in a clincher version
- Aerodynamic spokes, wider profile, carbon hubs, CULT bearings, self-locking aluminum nipples, oversize flanges and much more
- The distinctive G3 design of the rear wheel guarantees excellent stiffness and an unmistakable look
- Number of spokes: 18 front and 21 (G3) rear
- RDB – Rim Dynamic Balance
- Bladed aerodynamic spokes
- Stainless steel spokes
- Ultralinear™/DRSC™ geometry
- Aluminum nipples
- Campagnolo FH Body 9/10/11
- FH Body HG 9/10/11
- Carbon hub
- USB bearings Hub edge: 100mm (front), 130mm (rear)
- Oversize flange
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Profile height: 50 mm
- Rim section (height/width): 50mm/24.2mm
- Rim material: Carbon
- Graphic colours: Bright Label and Dark Label
- Tubular or Clincher wheel
The Bora™ Ultra 50 wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialised Campagnolo® technician and is checked in every tiny detail with electronic instrumentation. This ensures maximum performance and reliability for all Campagnolo® wheels.
- Special brake pad kit for carbon wheels (red compound): 40% better braking performance in wet conditions and 20% in dry
- New Quick Release wheels with totally redesigned aerodynamic profile, lighter and with shiny finish
- Valve extender
- User manual
- Tubular wheelset 1215 g
- Clincher wheelset 1435 g
We Also Recommend
Campagnolo Bora Ultra 35 Wheelset
Campagnolo Zonda DB Wheelset
Campagnolo Bora One 35 DB Wheelset
Campagnolo Bora One 50 DB Tubular Wheelset